The former Miss World Malaysia 2009, television host and model opens up about her health and fitness regime and the workouts that keep her looking fab.
Name: Thanuja Ananthan
Miss World Malaysia 2009
Occupation: Actress,TV host
1. WHAT KEEPS YOU FIT?
Living a balanced life, having a good diet, enjoying happiness and consistently working out.
2. WHAT’S YOUR TYPICAL WORKOUT ROUTINE?
I run daily and go to the gym. I run about 6-8km per session. I also go to the gym for weight and resistance training.
3. WHAT’S YOUR TYPICAL BREAKFAST?
Fruit, yogurt and a lot of nuts. Also peanut butter and banana.
4. HOW DO YOU MAINTAIN A HEALTHY DIET?
Way before clean-eating was the buzzword, my mother had started feeding us nutritious food so to me, it requires no effort because I’m used to it.
5. WHAT’S THE ONE JUNK FOOD YOU CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT?
6. HOW DO YOU GET OVER THE FEELING OF BEING TOO LAZY TO EXERCISE?
That doesn’t happen. I love exercising and was an athlete in school. It’s a lifestyle to me. I like to work out a sweat. It’s not something I have to do.
7. YOUR ADVICE TO PEOPLE WHO EXERCISE?
Listen to your body. You can push yourself but listen to your body when it’s tired or lethargic.
8. WHAT’S THE LONGEST RUNNING DISTANCE YOU HAVE DONE IN AN EVENT?
9. DO YOU WANT TO TRAIN FOR A MARATHON?
I’d love to but I can’t seem to squeeze in training, which is a big part of running a marathon.
10. WHAT ELSE DO YOU DO TO KEEP FIT?
I hike along Kiara Hills and the Puchong trail. I climbed Mount Kinabalu in 2012 and it was fantastic. I do yoga too sometimes.