KUANTAN: The investigation papers on the 32-year-old stepfather who had allegedly chained his son to a gas cylinder on Oct 5 in Indera Mahkota here were submitted to the deputy public prosecutor (DPP) yesterday.
The man who was detained by policemen last week was released on police bail today.
State Criminal Investigation department chief Senior Assistant Commissioner Othman Nayan said police were waiting for the directive from the DPP whether to press charges against the suspect, who works at the 10th mile army camp here.
"He has been released as we wait for further instruction. His remand for four days on Oct 6 was extended for three days on Oct 10 and ended today," he said in a statement.
Yesterday the Court for Children here ordered the 10-year-old victim to be placed under his biological father's care in Melaka Tengah for a month.
On Oct 5, neighbours found the boy chained to a gas cylinder at his house in Indera Mahkota about 10am after he had allegedly refused to attend school.
Alerted by neighbours, a police team was forced to break down the door to rescue the boy, who was lying naked and unconscious on the floor.