SINGAPORE-listed property developer GSH Corp Ltd (GSH) has garnered strong interest from local and foreign investors for Coral Bay, its maiden ocean-front residential project in Sabah that was unveiled last week.
Coral Bay is a 460-unit luxury condominium development nestled within the gated community of Sutera Harbour Resort in Kota Kinabalu.
GSH had released only 100 units last week and they were over-subscribed with a value of more than RM330 million.
The well-appointed apartments are priced from RM2.3 million each.
GSH chief executive officer Gilbert Ee said Coral Bay will be attractive to owner-occupiers, investors and vacationers.
“Kota Kinabalu is one of the fastest growing cities in Southeast Asia that is also experiencing a tourism boom, thanks to its natural attractions, such as the marine parks, pristine beaches and Southeast Asia’s tallest mountain, Mount Kinabalu,” he said.
Coral Bay is one of the few developments in the world that boasts a stretch of soft-sand private beach, about 100m in length, at its doorstep.
Consistent with its distinct marine theme, Coral Bay also boasts the city’s first water-themed play park nestled within its grounds, facing the sea.
Spanning 528,000 sq ft, Coral Bay is located next to Sutera Harbour’s five-star Magellan Sutera Resort.
The development comprises eight towers of 12-storey each, and sits on the most coveted parcel of seafront land in the heart of Kota Kinabalu, with an idyllic view of the South China Sea and the islands that form part of the Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine Park at its doorstep.
Coral Bay’s unique location offers a 360-degree view of the South China Sea, the surrounding terrains of Mount Kinabalu and Sutera Harbour’s award-winning 27-hole championship golf course.
The typical units in Coral Bay are two- to four-bedrooms, ranging from 1,500 sq ft to 3,500 sq ft. A unique feature is its dual-key apartments that range from 2,000 sq ft to 5,000 sq ft while its penthouse sizes range from 3,500 sq ft to 9,000 sq ft.
Some 80 per cent of the units in Coral Bay face the sea with generous balconies and private enclosed spaces, while the remaining 20 per cent of the units enjoy the mountain and lush greenery view.
GSH executive chairman Sam Goi said: “I am excited for Coral Bay because of its very unique location and the ocean and mountain vistas.”
Designed by Singapore-based Swan & MacClaren, Coral Bay’s architecture is inspired by the ocean’s coral reefs teeming with marine life.
Upon entry, a grand cascading waterfall, about 70m in length, frames the development’s main entrance, creating an awe-inspiring sense of arrival.
When one approaches the drop-off zone, one will be stunned by the way Coral Bay’s water features, pools and verdant landscaping fuses with the azure seascapes.